Over the past two decades, the wine producers of Israel have raised their standards to world-class levels. With over 120 wineries now producing thousands of wines annually, Israeli wines have made their way onto the world wine scene. Rogov's Guide to Israeli Wines is the only comprehensive guide to the exciting new and growing phenomenon of Israeli wines.
Now in its sixth year, the 2010 edition of Rogov's Guide to Israeli Wines provides information on what makes a wine kosher and discusses whether there is a contradiction between good wine and kosher wine. Also in the book, a guide to tasting wines and a chapter on tourism at the wineries.
In a convenient pocket sized format, Rogov's Gis the definitive annual guide to this fast growing region of world class wines. uide To Israeli Wines 2010 rates in detail all available wines from Israel through the 2008 vintage.
Praise from the critics:
'...not only the most complete and up-to-date coverage of Israeli wines, but it is very tastefully designed, and of extraordinarily high quality.'
- Tom Stevenson, Editor of Sotheby's & Christie's Wine Encyclopedias
The Guide Includes:
- detailed map of Israel's wine regions
- coverage of over 140 wineries
- contact details of all wineries
- a tasting chart for your own ratings
- almost 2,000 wines tasted, rated and fully described
- Symbols for easy reference
- indicates which of Israel's wines are kosher