Practice the Torah tropes with this new Jewish software! New features include:
- PC and Mac version included on one C D
- New screen design
- Side-by-side English/Hebrew text
- Display of the full musical score for each reading
In Trope Trainer, you can follow the text word by word on the screen as you hear the selected portion chanted. Included are a complete set of tutorials and exercises for learning the rudiments of chanting and the melodies associated with each trope marking.
Students and teachers are raving about Trope Trainer! Offering unparalleled variety, Trope Trainer includes more than 24 melodies, from Ashkenazi and Sephardi traditions, with your choice of voice, accent, pitch and chanting speed, for annual and triennial readings to accomodate the needs and customs of your congregation.
Trope Trainer Standard Edition includes all Contains all Shabbat and Weekday Torah portions and their associated Haftarot, and all Holiday Torah portions and their Haftarot.
The Deluxe Edition includes all Shabbat and Holiday Torah portions and Haftarot, and the 5 Megillot (Esther, Eichah/Lamentations, Ruth, Kohelet/Ecclesiastes and Shir Hashirim/Song of Songs) and is available by special request.
Trope Trainer allows you to study at your own pace, with features customized to suit your proficiency in chanting! Its full complement of tutorials and exercises help you learn to chant with ease. You will be amazed at your savings of time and effort!
Trope Trainer Features:
- Choose to play one word, phrase, or verse, or an entire reading
- Adjust the chanting speed and pitch to match your voice and level of proficiency
- Use your choice of Ashkenazic or Sephardic pronunciation
- Use your choice of melody (niggun) style. Standard styles for Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform synagogues are included
- View English translation or transliteration of any word or verse, using your choice of pronunciation method
- View Trope in musical notation
- Display texts in your choice of Chumash, Torah (Stam), or two-column Tikkun style
- Display and print anywhere from a single verse to an entire aliyah or a whole portion, tailored to local custom
- Study a portion itself, or tutorials designed to teach fundamentals of Trope
- Display reading stops for full, triennial, holiday and weekday readings
- Choose to display customizable colored highlights that identify common trope patterns
- Choose to have Trope color reflect Melech ('lord') and Mesharet ('servant') Trope
- Distinguish between Sh'va Na and Sh'va Nach or Qamatz Gadol and Qamatz Katan
- Use the Reading Selector to automatically display combined and separate Torah portions based on year and location. Special holiday Maftir and Haftarah readings are automatically displayed. Readings can also be selected from a 'perpetual' Jewish calendar, showing all days when the Torah is read. Bar Mitzvah planning couldn't be easier!
- 'Singing' Trope charts are included for those with previous cantillation experience
- PC with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista, 32MB RAM minimum, CD-ROM drive, sound card, 120 mHz Pentium or higher
- Mac OS X 10.4 or better